Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reports won't open - ACT 6.0.3

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Reports won't open - ACT 6.0.3

[ Edited ]
I just installed ACT 6.0 onto a new computer. I was able to get my database and templates from my old computer working on the new one, but Reports will not open even though I can see them. I just get an error saying "Failed to open document." No labels will print either. Any ideas?
Message Edited by djbred on 04-02-2009 05:54 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author djbred
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Reports won't open - ACT 6.0.3

I restarted the computer over the weekend when I knew no one would be on it and installed ACT 6.0.3. This time it worked without errors and I am now able to open the reports. Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Did you also update the new install to 6.03?

At what point do you get this error?

[ Edited ]

I tried to update to 6.03, but got error messages that some files could not be updated because the files were locked. How do I fix that? Will that help with the reports?

If I try to run a report from the menu, nothing happens. I get the error when I try to modify a report. 

Message Edited by djbred on 04-04-2009 02:17 PM

Sounds like some parts of the application of linked files might have been damaged... I'd try an uninstall, then reinstall and update.

If using Office 2003, you'll also need the Word2003 Hotfix

I saw this problem several times when I was in ACT! tech support. It appears to be some kind of an internal timing problem between ACT! and the Windows operating system. The best I can off is to uninstall ACT! 6 and then reinstall and hope. Sometimes that would fix the problem. I suspect the only real fix would be the reformat and reinstall Windows and ACT! 6. Sorry.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author djbred
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I restarted the computer over the weekend when I knew no one would be on it and installed ACT 6.0.3. This time it worked without errors and I am now able to open the reports. Thanks for the responses.