Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Generation is acting strange or is it me

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Report Generation is acting strange or is it me

Hello All,    

We are using ACT 6.  We have a report, showing contact history and notes, that was design many years ago that works for us.  We pick a specific Group and then we open and run the report.  The control window for the report pops up and we pick the dates and users.  The report shows only the users who made entries on those dates who belong to the specific Group. 

We needed to modify the report (position of contact information and added a couple of fields).  We copied the report to a different filename.  We made our changes and ran the report in the same way.  (We pick a specific Group and then we open and run the report.  The control window for the report pops up and we pick the dates and users).  Now all contacts within the specific group show up (over 8000).   All the contact information is in the new format. If there was a new note, that is added correctly with the also.

I can not determine what we have done wrong.  Does anybody have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advanced. 

Mike Virostko

Hittite Microwave 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikejvir
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Generation is acting strange or is it me

The report you modified uses filename specific filtering. Create a subfolder and mover your report into that folder and rename it back to the original name.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikejvir
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The report you modified uses filename specific filtering. Create a subfolder and mover your report into that folder and rename it back to the original name.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Thanks.  This solved the problem.  I figure it was something like this.  Can you suggest any reading material to understand the reporting?

Mike Virostko

Hittite Microwave.

You can check the ACT! Knowledge base, I wrote several documents on reports when I was in tech support. The fact is that the ACT! 3-6 reports had a lot of problems that were beyond the possibility of repair. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy,  I appreciate you input.

Mike Virostko

Hittite Microwave