Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: ACT 6.0

I do remote syncs by group membership. When I do the sync contact records are added to other people's groups. I can't figure out if it's because of the user's "MY RECORD" or how to fix it. help.....
Platinum Elite Contributor

Are you talking about the user my record? Unless setup absolutely correct, sync by groups would typically break at some point.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Also, not sure if this is what you mean, but all user My Records will sync to all remotes

I receive backups from the group members, each staff. I then restore their backup and create a sync for my master database. I then sign out of their database and sign into mine and preform the sync. I have the master database, and three staff that have groups and one staff that receives the entire master database.

I assign/remove company contacts to the group,  then create a sync for each staff. Then sign into their databases apply the sync and then create a backup to send them via email.

The problem is that company contacts (sometimes one, sometimes several) are assigned to another group as well. (Double group membership). 

I thought maybe it had something to do with their (my records). Is there any way to check it?

I've ensured that the duplicate matching criteria is default for both group and contact records.

Also, when I look at my users, I am the administrator, it does not say enable synchronization. Should that be checked? 

What you are doing is a totally invalid method of synchronization. The only suggestion I can offer is that you set up syncronization correct. Here are the knowledgebase document IDs for the correct (and tested) methods to setup synchronization. 11647, 11979 and 11740 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

One of the reasons we have to do it that way is that I'd like to be able to remove files from their groups. I'm not sure if there is a way to do that using the tested method. Is there?

With ACT! 6, no.You are constantly corrupting the transaction log that is vital to the sync process. You really need to update to ACT! 2010 Premium which has a much etter way to accomplish what you are trying to do.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129