Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question regarding conditionals and graphics in mail merge

vMa

Question regarding conditionals and graphics in mail merge

Dear ACT! Team,

we are taking advantage of the 30-day trial of ACT! 2009.  We are very pleased with what the product has to offer and are interested in buying it.  However, there are two issues that first need to be resolved.  Both regard the mail merge function and using MS Outlook:

1.      Graphics (logo) disappear: We put a graphic (.jpg) in the template where it was correctly shown but upon receiving the mail the graphic was missing.  Either it was not there at all or it gave us a box the size of the original graphic but with no content and a red X in the top corner.  Presumably the logo didn’t merger with the mail.

2.      Merging with conditionals: We want to merge mail that adapts to the gender of the recipient.  So we created a field in the database for the gender.   Now we want to use a conditional giving a different prefix based on the gender.  It should look like this: Dear *prefix* *Mr./Mrs* *name*.  We need to know how to set up the conditional to IF *Mr.* THEN add *prefix1*.

We hope that you can offer us a solution to these problems as we are confident that ACT! would otherwise satisfy our needs.

Best regards

vMa

Re: Question regarding conditionals and graphics in mail merge

[ Edited ]

Hey Mike,

I am still struggling with the conditionals.

These are the 3 options i have tried so far (1 being the way you described it in your blog, or at least as far as i understood)

{ IF "Gender"="Male" "Mr. "Mrs." }

{ IF "DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_Gender_054529823"="Male" "Mr. "Mrs." }

{ IF "TBL_CONTACT.CUST_Gender_054529823"="Male" "Mr. "Mrs." }

I am at a complete loss. What am I missing?

best regards

Andreas

Message Edited by vMa on 08-19-2009 09:36 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Question regarding conditionals and graphics in mail merge