Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question on ACT! 2000

Question on ACT! 2000

My company is still using ACT! 2000 and I am getting a new computer with Windows 7. 

Will my ACT! 2000 software work with Windows 7?  I have also been asked if it will run with 32MB or 64MB?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Question on ACT! 2000

Definitely not on 64 bit, questionable for Windows 7 at all.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I just posted separately that ACT! 6.0 works very well on my 64-bit system, using (64-bit version of) Windows 7, & I would guess that ACT! 2000 would work as well, depending on your computer & the version of the Windows 7 you have (or will have). I'm running ACT! in the "XP Mode" (which is part of Windows 7), but be aware that not all versions of Windows 7 include XP Mode (I have "Professional", which is akin to Vista Business). And since Intel & AMD did not enable all processors / chips for this (XP Mode, aka "Virtualization") capability, you'll need to verify this capability on your computer, as well. But it works quite well, if you want to run an older version of ACT! on a newer 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

( ACT! 6.0 would not install on 64-bit Vista system, & gave message that "ACT! is not compatible with 64-bit systems", or something to that effect ). 

Good luck...

Message Edited by jcoleman2 on 11-05-2009 02:56 PM
Copper Elite Contributor

People trying to run ACT! 2000 on Windows7 even in Compatibility Mode will need to make sure that

they have the latest version of ACT! 2000 with the patch applied to run on XP.  If they are using e-mail

they probably are running it with an add-on product as ACT! 2000 email was text only and was pre-HTML.

The email engine was written in 1994 with ACT! 6 being a major update to email which added HTML

support.  The ACT! 2000 ACTDiag I believe also didn't have the option to turn off Opportunistic Locking as

that was added in the ACT! 6 version of ACTDiag.  ACT! 2000 probably also needs Microsoft Office 2000

as it was ACT! 6 that had a patch to run on Office 2003.  Even if it can be made to work on a basic level it is

far from ideal.  Out of curiosity it would be interesting to see if it would work though. 

I just installed Act 2000 on a Win7 desktop. Installed easily.

Has anyone noticed that in every thread regarding compatability issues with previous versions of Act!, the Certified consultants ALWAYS SAY THAT YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE!! Then some regular user comes behind them and confirms compatability or offers a quick fix?

If you want support, especially from Sage, you need to update. Otherwise your're on your own.. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello Actlover33,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Upgrading ensures that you are in line with the latest technology and that you have support. Also, keep in mind that "quick fixes" are not always reliable and do not work for everyone. Everyone's situation is different, so you have to decide what will work best for you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks, Guys.  I understand now.  Sorry for being uppity.

My company is still using ACT! 2000 and I am getting a new computer with Windows 7.    Will my ACT! 2000 software work with Windows 7?  I have also been asked if it will run with 32MB or 64MB?