Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Query Date Ranges

Copper Contributor

Query Date Ranges

i have added a field to our database that is a date.  i would like to run a search so that it will pull the record if it falls within a date range.

example:

a person declines work.  in our database there is a field called decline work (drop down y or n) and then a field for the date.  in the database it is listed as a type date.

now when i run the query to only pull the records for a specific date range it pulls back no information and states no data matches query

the query looks like this

"Declined Date" ..

"Declined Date" 1/1/2011..1/3/2011 - i thought maybe the date range has to be between the .. range operator - NO

"Declined Date" ..1/1/2011 1/3/2011 - i moved the dates to the right of the range operator NO

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advanced

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Query Date Ranges

ACT! 3-6 didn't store dates as as nn/nn/nnnn but instead stored then as the number of seconds from a base date. Generally speaking date range queries can't be done in ACT! 3-6

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn78/Peeps38/range.jpg

Thank you for the quick response roy.

I apologize, but i want to be certain i am clear.  since i am still somewhat new to act i want to be sure i am clear in what i want.

basically the image above is a very basic database i created for this trial to see if we can do a search upon date ranges.  the date declined is what i would like to search, for example, anything between the date of 1/1/2008 to 1/1/2010

please bring back any data that fits this range.

you're saying it cant do that because it stores time by seconds or did i not explain myself correctly the first time, and if so, sorry once again.

thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can't do date range queries in ACT! 3-6. You can in ACT! 2011.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129