Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Publication field missing from contact information - ACT 6.0

Publication field missing from contact information - ACT 6.0

Hello All

Probably a simple one, but i am  having no luck. When you open up the database the contact information is displayed in the top portion of the database, i am trying to add a field (in this case publication) i go through the process of adding the field (if someone could also clarify this for me so i know i am doing this right!) and no matter what i do the field does not appear

Can anyone help me? (again!)

Thanks so much

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Publication field missing from contact information - ACT 6.0

Did you add the new field to the layout?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I am having trouble uploading images at the moment so will try and describe as best as poss

when you open up act and you can see all the 1st contact, with all information displayed in the top half of the screen and you can see all the fields such as:

Contact, saluation, address details etc, there was a field displayed that said "publication" this field has vanished and i am unable to restore it (my knowledge of ACT is pretty limited but most of the time i can sort any issues out)

Can you talk me through how to re-add this field so it shows up when you load up the database as i could be going wrong here!

Many Thanks for you help  :smileywink:

Platinum Elite Contributor

Without examining your setup, it's impossible to say. You could be using a different layout, the field could have been moved to a different part of the layout or even off-screen, the field may have been deleted, etc.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129