Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems importing records into ACT

Problems importing records into ACT

Hi,

I have an old version of ACT (ver.6) and I have a database of contacts which I used with that version.  I have re-installed ACT on my computer and tried to import the records however it only seems to import part of the record.

It is importing the Company name, Salutation, Phone Number, City and Country but NOT the Contact Name or Email address; which are the two most important items of information.

I have opened one of the files in WordPad and found all the email addresses and contact names running across the top line in a continuous line, so I know they are there.  I just cannot understand why it is struggling to import these two specific items of information.

Can anyone please help??

Many thanks in advance or guidance that you may be able to offer.

Kindest regards

David

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems importing records into ACT

What is the format of the data you're trying to import? Is it from an ACT! database or from CSV?

Mike,

I'm pretty sure its ACT! format.  I have print screened the folder with the files in

I have now purchased a copy of ACT! Pro 2011, but when I try to convert the ACT! 6.x file it asks for a username and password.  The employee who previously managed our contacts has now left the company.  Which file would I be able to find out the username and password?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

David

Platinum Elite Contributor

It may be the full name (first last) of the original user ... try without a password to see if that works. If not, you may need to get an ACT! Consultant to help you.

You might also see:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/01/tips-for-converting-act-60-or-earlier.html