Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Attach to ACT! Progress...

Problem with Attach to ACT! Progress...

Act.Outlook.Service.exe stops working however ONLY when I send an email to contacts who are "NOT" in my database. Those emails gets stuck in the "Attach To Act! Contacts Progress" log which is visible in the "Not Attached Messages" tab. This results in a backup for all other emails and Act! is no longer able to attach messages to my contact History.

I am forced to manually delete messages from the log "EVERY" time I send an email.  I purchased a Support Plan but technical support was not able to correct the problem and customer service will not refund my money for the Support Plan. This is disappointing on many levels.

Act! Pro Version 18.2.53.0, Update 6

Windows 10

Outlook 365

database is on local machine

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Problem with Attach to ACT! Progress...

Hi GRM1,

I'm sorry our tech support agents weren't able to find a resolution for you, let's see if there's anything we can do to get you up and running.

If you were given a ticket number or call reference number, would you mind sending to to me via private message so I can familiarise myself with the ticket at what has been attempted?
Administrator

Hi,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I can see from the ticket notes, and the info you've provided here, that you're using Office 365.

Can you confirm that this is the locally installed version, and not the web version? Also, it'd be great if we could get the full version of Office you're using - you'll generally find this in Outlook under the File menu > Office Account > About Outlook.

Thanks!

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your response.

Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus version 1708 (Build 8431.2153 Click to Run). The software is locally installed.

Nickel Super Contributor

The only solution I know at the moment is to roll back Office to a stable build from April '17 (after having switched OFF automatic updates for Office):  16.0.7870.2038

Switch off Office update inside Office:

large.jpg

Create a batch file "2016_Office_UpdateTo16.0.7870.2038.bat"

with following content:

cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.7870.2038

Run it "as Administrator

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Administrator

It's also worth noting that our compatibility matrix lists Click-To-Run verisons of Office as only compatible with Act v19 and higher:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767