Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem on startup screen default Act! 2.0.8

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Problem on startup screen default Act! 2.0.8

I'm an MSP and I have a client running Act! 2.0.8 on Windows 7 x64 (I know this is unsupported but it's been working fine until now). Her Act! should open to her user profile (this is what she called it), but is instead opening a specific record in a network database. I've tried changing the settings under Preferences->Startup, but no setting changes I make are saved, and even then I'm not sure what Act! should be opening in the first place, as I have little experience with Act itself.

Any suggestions? I'm not able to find any technical documentation on this version of Act!, either (surprise), so if anyone knows where I can find that as well, that would be much appreciated.

Note: We are running another, more current version of Act!, however we have to keep the 2.0.8 version as well for a legacy application, so upgrading the 2.0.8 version is not an option (and would be redundant anyway).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shea
‎11-24-2015 05:19 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem on startup screen default Act! 2.0.8

The user record is called the My record an can't be deleted. The record that comes up when that user logs in is that user's My record no matter what name is showing. While the record can't be deleted, it can be edited so it's likely that someone edited that user's my record and put some other contacts information in that record. You can't make another record into a My record because the unique ID of the user's My record is linked to other information in the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

A little more information:

Each user has a record in the database. Act is supposed to load the users' record when the user logs in. This process is working for all the other users. In this case, the users' record was somehow deleted. I've created a new record for the user, however I can't get it to load up automatically when the user connects to the database and logs in. The only startup related settings I could find were under Preferences->Startup, which allows you to pick a database or a .WPD file to open on startup. The correct database is loading, so I don't think this is the setting that needs to be changed. 

Any ideas?

Solution
Accepted by topic author Shea
‎11-24-2015 05:19 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

The user record is called the My record an can't be deleted. The record that comes up when that user logs in is that user's My record no matter what name is showing. While the record can't be deleted, it can be edited so it's likely that someone edited that user's my record and put some other contacts information in that record. You can't make another record into a My record because the unique ID of the user's My record is linked to other information in the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That's exactly the information I needed; thanks!