Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing to an Epson Stylus C120

Printing to an Epson Stylus C120

I am using ACT! software version 2.8.0 to print to an Epson Stylus C120 ink jet printer and the documents are printing very slowly and using a lot of ink. I am able to change the print quality when using Microsoft Word, but not the ACT! software. I did not have this problem before, when I was using an Epson Stylus C86. Is there something different about the C120 or is there something I can reset so as to not use so much ink? I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware issue.....please advise.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing to an Epson Stylus C120

Yes. iMac G4, OSX, version 10.4.11

I've long since forgotten what I knew about the MAC versions...

If you have Word 6, I think you can use that from ACT! MAC

Or maybe try and set printing defaults in the template

Re: Printing to an Epson Stylus C

I have much the same problem, using Epson Stylus C66, Windows XP SP3 and the Act 6.0.3. Wordprocessor. I have installed the latest genuine drivers for the printer. The printer software allows to set various alternative printing modes, depending on the required quality, including a "save mode" which uses less ink and prints much quicker. This works well with all other applications including Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader and Winfax 10.02 as well as Act! itself, but not with Act Wordprocessor. Printing e.g. a list of contacts is done in "save mode" as expected, however, when I print a document and review the printer settings from the wordprocessors print dialog, the "save mode" is still checked but printing is actually done in high quality photo mode.

The "save mode" is set via the Windows control panel / printers and fax / properties of Epson Stylus C66 as default settings, as the settings in the driver software should overwrite all other settings done from within applications programs, according to Epson's readme-file. They do so except in Act's wordprocessor.

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Re: Printing to an Epson Stylus C

The ACT! 6 word processor design dates back to the mid 1990s and likely does not use the entries in Windows for a more complex printer interface and likely has only a single print quality available. Your options are limited, upgrade to the current version of the ACT! program or switch to using Word as the word processor.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129