Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Print a list of companies and what groups they belong to

Print a list of companies and what groups they belong to

I need to print a simple list of companies which lists the company name and the groups they belong to. I also need to see which companies are not assigned to a group.  We've created groups for our monthly newsletter mailings which are targeted to specific industires. 

With over 3,000 companies in our database I'd like to look at a list, to determine if they're in the right group, or assign them to a group if they're not in one yet, rather than having to open each customer file on an individual basis and then open the "groups" tab.  That process is taking hours and hours.

I'm a new user and cannot seem to locate a report that will give me this information.  Any help would be appreicated. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Print a list of companies and what groups they belong to

The contact record doesn't include any group information so there isn't any direct way to find the information you want. You could make an additional group and include all the members of your other groups and then place a code in an unused field on the contact record for all the members of the group. Finally you could do a lookup of the records that didn't include the code.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Because the Group links are in the Groups table and not the Contacts, this type of report would be quite resource intensive. If needed, you'd have to use Crystal Reports to create it.

Groups can be Dynamic - this means you could create a field in the Contact table for the industry, then have a Group Membership Rule with each Group to automatically include Contacts where the field indicates they belong.

You might also have a look at http://www.crmaddon.com/en/products/act/group-it/highlights/

Copper Contributor

I exported my Act 2000 database to ACT 2011 and it looks like everything is working pretty good. The only thing I had a question about was the Companies Tab. For some reason when I go to the Companies Tab, none of the companies are listed. When I go to the Contact Tab I am able to search by company and it seems to work fine. I guess my question is, is the companies tab something I'm suppose to populate myself?

Company records are completely separate... they didn't exist in ACT! 2000, which is why they are not populated
Copper Contributor

Is there an easier way to populate them? I have over 7000 records and I'd rather Act populate that field rather than me.