Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PLEASE HELP!!

PLEASE HELP!!

I recently reformatted my bosses computer and forgot to back up the ACT database. All I have is the ACT folder that was copied over to an external hard drive from the C: drive. Is there any way to restore the files that I have from that folder? Any help would be great or even a link Thank you.

Re: PLEASE HELP!!

Which ACT folder did you copy?

It's under C:\my docs\ACT\database\... There is a bunch of file extensions with older dates. Then there's a backup folder with a bunch of file extensions and another back up folder. Each time I go into the back up folder the dates get more recent. This is ACT v 6. THanks for your quick reply dlunceford.

An ACT! 6.0 database consists of 25 files.  Have you installed ACT! 6.0 and attempted to open any of the DBF files?

I have reinstalled ACT 6.0, the problem is there is no DBF file, only "contacts.adx" .abc .blb .mdx .hk5 and so on. Do you need to have the DBF file to restore contacts? Or is there a way to rebuild the DBF from these other file extensions?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Windows is hiding the DBF extension for that file. Look for a field with your database name, and ACT! icon and no file extension.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129