Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook vs. Act!

Tuned Listener

Outlook vs. Act!

[ Edited ]

Sage seems to boast of Act!'s integration w/Outlook, but I see Outlook as a competitor to Act!.  Why would I use both instead of just completely migrating to Outlook 2007 w/BCM?  I have been using Act! since v4. and want to stick w/it, but I need the IMAP support found in Outlook and it just begs the question; why not completely migrate to Outlook instead of using both?  Since I have never used Outlook, I may not realize it's limitations as compared to Act!...if any exist.

And if Act! included a robust email system that supported IMAP, I wouldn't be asking this question.

Serious/knowledgeable replys appreciated.

-Brian

Message Edited by DatawebUSA on 08-14-2008 11:18 AM
--------------------------
Regards,

Brian Myers
Dataweb USA Inc.
www.datawebusa.com
1-888-Dataweb (328-2932)
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook vs. Act!

Outlook is not a competitor to ACT!. At least not for anyone really involved in sales or marketing.

Outlook is a great email program with some PIM (personal Information Manager) functions (address book, scheduler). It's not a CRM

It doesn't properly track all connections and communications with the contacts and companies that you deal with

It doesn't link activities with the contacts/companies

It's really bad in a multi-user environment

And many other things...

MS have MS CRM that can do this, but it's much more expensive and more competitive to SalesLogix.

Because most people use Outlook for email (especially in a corporate environment when using Exchange), it's unlikely there would be enough users wanting a more powerful email system to justify it... although adding non-standard ports and maybe IMAP would be good suggestions.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.