Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook often not finding contacts that are in ACT

Outlook often not finding contacts that are in ACT

Greetings! 

I sure hope someone can help.

I use Act! 6.0 with Outlook 2003.

In the last month, I have often had the following problem:

I write an email in Outlook, and click the “To” button to open the Select Names window and to select entries from the ACT database.  However, some of the names that I know to be in ACT and that I have accessed this way in the past do not appear there. 

My only work-around solution is to close the Select Names window; go to ACT; find the contact; replace the name and email address with some other strings; click Lookup-All to get ACT to accept the new entry; then re-enter the correct name and email address; and click Lookup-All again to get ACT to accept the re-entered correct entry. 

That works.  But it takes time and I find myself having to do it a dozen times a day, even sometimes on contacts where I did the same a week ago.

I have tried deleting and letting ACT rebuild the .adb and .adx files, but that did not remedy the problem

My Outlook 2003 pst file is about 9gb in size.   My ACT 6.0 .dbf file is 17MB.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Robert

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook often not finding contacts that are in ACT

That is caused by invalid or corrupted email addresses in the database. That requires the use of a special utility to detect and eliminate the invalid email addresses.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have this same problem. Can if be found by deleting invalid email addresses? If not, where would one find this utility?

To clafiry, the ACT email database does not appear at all in the Select Names box (appears when I select TO in a new outlook email)
Platinum Elite Contributor

The utility I was referring to was never distributed so you can obtain it by download. Some of the ACCs have a copy of the utility but they are restricted to using it and can't legally distribute it.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129