Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Organize Database by Company

Organize Database by Company

We have been using ACT for years and have built a very large database.  Of course each record is a unique contact.  This is very helpful since we send out mail pieces large and small using the mail merge feature.

However, this creates some dupicate notes across several contacts - or multiple people prospecting the same company since they didn't see the notes on a second contact within the same firm (sometimes not even at the same address).

Is there a way to reorganize my database by company?  Where each company will list all of the contacts we have for that company - each may have their own address so we can still mail to that individual in whatever location they are.

If so, would I lose the capability to query by building - listing all of the tenants in a particular building?

I'm not sure ACT has the capabilities to organize records/contacts within the company umbrella while still being able to look up individual records by building.  I thought of Groups, but in a database of 9,000 contacts that is a massive number of groups to assign and enlarge the database by...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Organize Database by Company

Time to upgrade. ACT! since version 7 (ACT! 2005) has included a Company entity. Sounds like just what you need.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Organize Database by Company

Thanks very much for responding so quickly - i'm looking into the newer versions as we speak. 

Thanks again much appreciated!