Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OLE Initialization failed for Act 6

OLE Initialization failed for Act 6

I upgraded to Outlook 2007, didn't like it and went back to outlook xp.  Now when I attempt to merge mail or edit a graphical template in ACT, I get the warning "OLE initialization failed. Make sure that the OLE libraries are the correct version.  Can someone help me fix this?  I am using Act Version 6, Build 6.0.3.979 on a pc runing microsoft Vista.  Any direction is appreciated.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: OLE Initialization failed for Act 6

You will have problems trying to use ACT! 6 on Vista that can't be resolved. You need to upgrade to ACT! 2009.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for such a quick answer Roy.  Will Act 2009 be compatible with the 5 other registered Act! 6 users that I share the database with?  It actually worked with Vista for about a year.  I even synchronized it from my laptop to my office desktop all of this time too.  It is when I installed Microsoft Office 2007 two weeks ago that got it screwed up, so that is why I am confused about your answer.  Are there corrrect OLE Library Version files that could be cut and pasted to make it work again?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Nickel Contributor

Unfortunately there is no compatability accross different versions. Running Act 6 on a Vista machine is a problem waiting to happen IMHO, I surprised it worked as long as it did.
Platinum Elite Contributor

No your all need to be on the same version of the ACT! program. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Appreciate your feedback.  Time to go back to Windows XP.  Can't afford to upgrade everyone at this time.

Thanks.  Another reason to dislike Vista