Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Data Fields - showing not defined

New Data Fields - showing not defined

Hello,

I am running still, ACT 6.0 on WIN XP SP3.

Does anyone remember how many additional owner defined data fields can be added to an ACT Screen/Window.

I have added 5 additional entries, they are also History linked and if you change the item in the entry it is recorded into the history file.

However, when I try to add these fields to a MailMerge Document I do not get the entry showing.

I used ACT! field Defginition utility and it shows these added entries as NOT DEFINED.

Have I hit the max, I am out of User 1 to User 15 and cannot change any of the others,  ACT windows are pretty much maxed out.

Love the program,  better than the CRM I am dealing with from my company,  yes I am keeping 2 databases running.  ACT is just faster.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: New Data Fields - showing not defined

You could add any number of custom fields to ACT! 6. <ale sure you're updated to version 6.0.3. Also which word processor are you using  for mail merge?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you for your response,

I have 6.03  use Word 2003,  in the mail merge doc it only shows blanks,  nothing else.  the not defined came from a db utility i have.  looked again and i have about 15 fields that show the same thing.  

there used to be a utility for using with word 2003,  i tried to reinstall the 603 update and lost the connection to Word.  knew better but did it anyway.

WISH experience would teach me something!

thanks for your help.

greg

Platinum Elite Contributor

Your template may be missing the hidden text. Try a brand new template and see if the fields are available.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129