Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need Help Requiring Notes Or History

Need Help Requiring Notes Or History

Hey I am currently using Act! 2000 (old I know) but I can't upgrade as cost is a factor to our smaller company. Anyway, I have an issue. Some of the users are not entering notes/history when they touch an account. Is there a way to require that they do?
Bronze Contributor

Re: Need Help Requiring Notes Or History

Hello Dragonflyre.

I am not a technician, but I believe I've seen this question asked in the past.  I believe one of the consultants can provide you a solution that would include some special programming, but I do not believe that feature is built in.

There is one feature that I'm not using as of yet, and that is the automatic processes after an event happens.  To the rest of the more qualified bord members, would this be the best way to approach it?  I would be interested in seeing the reply.  I'm thinking that just viewing a contact would not be enough to start a process.  For example, do you want a history record created if a user is just viewing a record to prepare for a meeting or to just look up a name?

Good luck Dragonflyre

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't any way that can be done without using an addon program. However, I don't know that any such addon was ever written. While it might be possible to write such an addon, it would be a significant programming task and would be very expensive. For what it's worth, upgrading would not help as you would still need a custom addon to do what you want but I think it would be easier with the present version.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

It all depends on what you mean by "touch" an account?

If only viewing it, it wouldn't be easy.... for other activities, it may be possible