Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My email is disappearing

My email is disappearing

I am using Act 6.0 and it was doing fine until two weeks ago.  Now I open Act 6.0 email and I see the subject title and sender of the email, I click on it, and sometimes the body text can be seen but most of the time it is not visible to me.  If there is an attachment, it will not open.  If I go to another email and back to the previous one, the body text is gone, and soon after the title or the sender disappears, or even both.  My email seems to be deteriorating.  I am running a couple different antivirus programs and firewall.  No programs have changed or have been added.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Re: My email is disappearing

[ Edited ]

I have a client with the exact same issue. Happened on one computer yesterday. Today it is happening to 2 machines. I thought it was a damaged message. recreated mail folder problem went away. came back after 2 or three send receives. complete uninstall reinstall updates and hotfixes did not help. If anyone figures this out it would be greatly appreciated.

9-11-08 Update - The problem has something to do with the msghead.dat file. i backed up this file. opened a message exited the message closed email. when i opened it back up the sender subject and body were blank. i exited email. copied msghead.dat back and opened the email the subjec line reappears and the message appears unopened. the body of the message is still blank. haven't figured what is corupting the .dat files yet. the messages that are disappearing seem to be ones that have pictures or hyperlinks in them. most of the plain text messages seem intact.

Message Edited by pctechexec@yahoo.com on 09-11-2008 01:09 PM
Message Edited by pctechexec@yahoo.com on 09-11-2008 01:28 PM

I've had similar problems, a few times!.  I was advised to use Outlook for mail (I'm running ACT! 10). I'm now researching whether it will cause me to lose my mail history. The mail has been surprisingly flaky in ACT!.

[ Edited ]

Thank you for commenting.  And yes that is exactly what is happening to my email.  I still haven't figured out how to correct it.  I also tried a to reinstall it and it did not help.  If anyone can assist on this issue, I would appreciate it.  And now today, I tried to send an email through act and it said my contact email was invalid.  I know it is a legit address.  What is going on??

Message Edited by Ajks on 09-16-2008 11:20 AM

I am going to uninstall - scrub the registry - reinstall  tomorrow. i will let you know how it turns out. It is definately a program problem. I copied the email folder to a new machine with the same account settings and so far it works with no issues. i am wondering if a windows update caused a problem.