Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing Email Client in Configuration Set Up

Missing Email Client in Configuration Set Up

I am using ACT 6.0 and when I go to set up the email, it gives me a box and I am to highlight which email client I wish to use. The problem is there are zero clients listed in that box. I need to use Outlook Express. How do I get that into the box so I can select it as the client I wish to choose. How do I get any in there? It is currently empty. I have used email with this software before, but not in some time, but I do know that it has the functionality. I am handicapped now and don't know how to fix it. Any help is very much appreciated!

Re: Missing Email Client in Configuration Set Up

I've resolved this problem. But now I have another. I got it set up for Internet Mail, but my server requires authenticaion for outgoing messages, and I do not see a way in ACT! to set it up for this requirement. Can someone please advise how I can set up my internet mail for act in ACT 6.0 version for outgoing server requires authentication?

Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Missing Email Client in Configuration Set Up

Authentication is not an option in the email client in ACT! 6

For your Outlook Express issue, maybe try this article in the ACT! Knowledge Base

BTW: You'll usually find Outlook to be the best option, and if using a lot of templates or merges, have a look at the trial of MergeMaster! Pro