Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Missing E-mail history in ACT!

Missing E-mail history in ACT!

I send an e-mail to someone on my contact list in Act, by clicking on his e-mail address in the e-mail field. The e-mail goes out and a history is created - the e-mail is attached to the contact. In "preferences- e-mail" - I had set it to attach e-mails to contact. So all is fine. That is until the next stage.
Say the person I just sent the e-mail to replies to me, or someone, who is in my Contact dB, sends me an e-mail and I in turn click "Reply". In the new e-mail window that opens, all seems well, the person's e-mail address is in the "To" field, exactly as it appears in the e-mail field in the Contact window in Act. So I reply and send the e-mail. However, no history is created in that contact's details in Act. The only history created is in My contact in Act, as if Act hadn't a clue who's e-mail address it was sending the e-mail to.
The only way I have found to overcome this, is if I overtype the person's contact name in the e-mail "To" field and Act seems to be able to resolve the connection between the contact and the e-mail address in that scenario. However, I frequently forget to do this overtyping bit.
Is this just a clunky feature in Act or am I missing something very obvious, here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Missing E-mail history in ACT!

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | About)?
What email client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Internet Mail)?

My verion of Act is 6.0.3.979.        I use it with Eudora 7, but have tried it with Internet Mail and have same problem. John.
Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't think that was an option in ACT! 6.0... it was added in 7.0 and later.

In 6.0 you need to manually attach the emails from the ACT! email client to the contact