Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Migration of ACT! 6 database, to which versions?

Copper Contributor

Migration of ACT! 6 database, to which versions?

To which newer versions of ACT! can a ACT! 6 database be imported/migrated? (i.e. just automatically from within the new version).

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Migration of ACT! 6 database, to which versions?

All of the new versions can open an ACT6 database and convert.  You might have problems with "supplemental" files - e.g. redo-ing the layouts, but the data should convert fine.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Contributor

Oh! OK. Because, few years ago I recall seeing a notice that it would not be compatible. I guess all is OK then.
Nickel Elite Contributor

OK but where is the magic white rabbit that is apparently also required? I have act6 and act2010 pro installed on a vista 32bit os and still can not get restore or restore-as to work - error msg - the file i am attempting to restore does not contain an act backup. Of course this is not true as I just created the backup from ACT6 on vista pc. so what is the REAL Procedure for converting your act6 databases into a newer version of ACT!. Oh yeah it has to be a 32bit os not a 64 bit os.. I'm trying to get it up to ACT2011 or 2012 status.. Do I need to pay someone to do this simple little thing for me? Help

Wrestling with this off and on now for toooo many days- Thanks - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 6 and ACT! 2005 and later used two completely different backup systems so no ACT! 2010 won't do any restore on an ACT! 6 database. Tha ACT! 6 backup is a simple ZIP file so unzip the ACT! 6 backup and then do the conversion with ACT! 2010.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129