Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Migration Error Using Act 3.0??

Migration Error Using Act 3.0??

I am doing a migration from Act 3.0 to MS outlook 2003.  There are approximately 10,600 records.  After running through the process once it stopped at 90%.  After trying it again it progresses a little further.  I have since run it several times and it's now up to about 9400 records.  This past time it only increased by 100 records.  And even though I checked for it not to create duplicates it has done so.   Any ideas on why this is happening, and if you can recommend a fix for this? Customer is not going to be using Act anymore, so there is not need for them to  upgrade to the current version.  Is there any type of database management program that i can run to make this migration complete?  Thanks, all help is much appreciated. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Migration Error Using Act 3.0??

Because the problems appear to be in Outlook because the content of the ACT! database files only are being imported. I would suggest that you contact Microsoft to see if they can help.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the response Roy, I have another question for you.  Is it possible to export the notes from the act database into outlook?  I just seem to be having some difficulties getting this entire conversion done.  now it seems that the conversion adds an invisible character in front of the e-mail address so the e-mail being sent out is coming back as no good.   I have even tried importing the act database into excel, only to have some of the account info not show up in the worksheet.  Any suggestions??????  thanks 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Unless Outlook provides for importing the contacts and notes directly from the ACT! database. The ACT! export is limited to the contact records.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129