Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Making a Report - Act! 6

Making a Report - Act! 6

I am making a Report and I want to put the Date of the Latest Note in the report. I am inserting a Field - going to the Notes/History section where I see a date field - but I put that in and nothing shows up when I view the report. I tried to make it a Summary Field Type with maximum thinking maybe that would use the latest date - but It doesn't allow me to do that.

Any Tips? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Making a Report - Act! 6

You are trying to place a Note/History field in the contact section of the report. That won't work
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I think I may have been misunderstood. I'm not trying to make it so you can make a note in the report, but in the section where you build your reports there is an area where you can pull information from the notes/history area. I want to pull the DATE from the latest note made.

We only use notes for when we contact people, so the date of the last note would be the date of the last contact we had with the client - also if we e-mail the client through act it automatically adds a note in the notes/history section of act.

Originally I had Setup User Field 10 was a Last E-mailed date, and User Field 11 was Last Called date, and people would manually have to put in the info in those fields - turns out they don't care how they were contacted - just when, so I was hoping to avoid manual entry of the date, and just pull from the date of the latest notes/history entry.

Is this possible? 

That can't be done with the ACT! 6 reports because there isn't any way to isolate the latest note or history. You would need to run the report for a date range and along with the information in the notes/history and then manually determine that latest date. I have been able to do that with the latest version of the ACT! program but it required some serious scripting in the report itself. I have included a special Notes/History report in my custom report package that will print only the most recent Call Complete, Meeting Held, To-do Done and Note for any date range for each contact in a lookup.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That's too bad - I'll just have to do it the other way - Change Field 10 to Last Contact - and they'll just have to remember to enter the information manually. 

Can't imagine why this wouldn't be a common report already though - Seems like an important thing to be able to know when all of your Clients were last contacted - otherwise someone might not be contacted for ages, and slip through the cracks / find another resource for what you are providing them.

It's not a report but there is a lookup option for lookup contact activity. If I remember correct it did work to find contact activity but did not for no activity even though there is an option for that. The lookup contact activity does work for both in the later versions of the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi

Still working on this report!

I don't seem to be able to Add a summary sorted by Section to the out of box Notes/History report.

I have added "Summary of Notes/History sorted by Date/Time field" (tried both Above and Below)

But the only option to Sort is a list of all the contact field names, I cant seem to be able to see a "Sort by Section" option. The Sort order is always Company.

Thanks in advance.

The summary sorted by does work as you want but location is important.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Still struggling with the Notes/History Sort by time .rpt

I've got the stock Act! v6 NotesHist.rpt with

Header

Summary of Contact

Contact

Notes/History

Footer

I right click on Notes/History > Add > Summary sorted by > Date/Time OK (only "Allow section to break across multiple pages" ticked)

Then I have an option "Above" and "Below" have tried both options but report still sorts by Company.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Anyone able to help on a Sort by Date/Time on a notesHist report? or put me in touch with a Report expert.
Thanks