Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge Suddenly Quit

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Mail Merge Suddenly Quit

I've been using Act! 6.0 for years and have never had an issue with mail merging.  Today, after sending about 3 successfully, I suddenly can no longer send mail merges to outlook.  A message comes up saying "The mail merge via email was cancelled.  No email messages were sent".  (I never send to more than 10-20 recipients) 

My outlook seems clean, nothing unusual I can think of has changed.

Also, I can still sussfully use mail merge to send to Word documents, just not to outlook. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers-

Arlo

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author arlo1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Mail Merge Suddenly Quit

thanks for the response paul-

somehow or another the problem seems to have resolved itself today...  Smiley Happy

Cheers-

Arlo

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

The one thing that may be given you a problem is the Outlook Security. when you first open email do you get a message to give permission to use Outlook. Generally you can only select upt o 10 minutes at which time the connection is closed. For this there is a download clickYes which helped get around this problem.

The other thing you might try is from the help menu in Outlook to run Detect and Repair may also solve the problem as there could be something wrong with your Outlook configuration.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Solution
Accepted by topic author arlo1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

thanks for the response paul-

somehow or another the problem seems to have resolved itself today...  Smiley Happy

Cheers-

Arlo

Bronze Contributor

That is great maybe there was a windows update that solved something else on your machine
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.