10-25-2010 08:57 AM
I was finally pushed to upgrading to Windows 7 when my XP system died last month. After using some of the information from this Community I was able to get my ACT 6 up and running. After playing around for a while, I was able to recreate my macros that I use on a regular bases. Ironically from realizing some aspects of ACT that I didn't notice before, my macros are more reliable than ever. If you need help feel free to drop me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to those before me who were kind enough to take the time to share their solutions with the others in this community.
Joe Tarshis - Self Employment Specialist
10-26-2010 02:59 PM
Joe the problem with what you have achieved is that the version6 database is prone to corruption when running either under Vista or Windows 7 so I would ensure that you have a regular back so when it does fail you are able to recover.
I would suggest you update to one of the later versions that are supported using the OS to avoid any future database failures.
10-26-2010 06:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Ironically I just noticed a label was changed on one of my datapoint. Does any of the newer versions have macro ability or it has to be done from an external program.
01-21-2011 07:42 AM