Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost Contacts & Contacts becoming Private

Lost Contacts & Contacts becoming Private

[ Edited ]

Hi. Same thing happened to my database, which I have 9,000 contacts. All of a sudden, my ACT 6 hang and when I closed it and opened it again, there are just 2 contacts, me and my boss (both administrators). When I go to the daily calendar or even weekly calendar, all my "supposedly" meeting with these contacts are there but says <Private Contact>. When I right click on it to see details of that contact, it says "no records were found that match the specified criteria". How do I retrieve all these contacts of mine? I'm scared that they all got deleted. Is that possible? Please help.

[Edit: Subject updated for new thread]

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-14-2010 04:53 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Lost Contacts & Contacts becoming Private

You are best to refer to an ACT! Consultant that is familar with handling problems with ACT! 6.0. Sage no longer handle repair to ACT! 6.0 and prior. The file structure of ACT! 6.0 (codebase) is quite different from later versions, MS SQL. There is a list of ACT! Consultants in the USA who repair ACT! 6.0 and prior databases, call Sage for a list of those USA consultants.  If you cannot find somebody in USA we can assist, necessarily we charge for our services.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Lost Contacts & Contacts becoming Private

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129