Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost Admin Login

Lost Admin Login

Hi,

My company is using Act! 6.0 but we have not used it much lately.  I am in the process of updating the info in the database and would like to add a "last order" field so the sales people can perform a lookup by that info & use that list to follow up on customers we have not heard from recently.  I was able to add a field, but was given a short list of options for field names.  None of them match what I want the field to be called, but I found out we can change the name, so I just chose one with the intention of changing the name later.  When I went to change the name, I discovered that it needs to be done under the administrator, which apparently I am not.  No one here seems to have any clue what the administrator login is, and I think I saw online that you can only get it reset if you are upgrading.  We have no intention of upgrading at this time, we need to make better use of the version we have before we can justify upgrading.  Is there any other way around this?  I can't find any info on how to tell if one of our existing logins is the administrator....can anyone tell me how to figure out of one of the salesmen is the administrator?

I apologize in advance if I have left out key info - please just ask..I am not up on computer terminology or what is key and what is not, but I am happy to clarify anything if I can.

Missy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Lost Admin Login

You can check tohe login access of each user by logging in as them and lookiing at Help | about as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1222...

If that doesn't help, you should contact an ACT! Certified Consultant to help in determining the admin user and it's password.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you very much Gentlemen!  Mike, your advise was exactly what I needed.  I found out my boss is the administrator :smileyhappy: so we are good to go now!

Missy