on opening Act Database it indicated it was corrupted and Ran a repair
After the repair The Act Calendar is blank - This is not sync'ed with Outlook
------
I ran Actdiag - It found records with no contacts, I did not repair this yet
Any ideas as to what I can do to attempt to retrieve the Act Calendar items

Thanks
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Lost Act Calendar items after repair of corrupted database

Are you sure they are dfinately gone and its not a filer setting on the calendar?

Tom
Bronze Super Contributor

Do you have a recent backup?  This could be the time you need it!.

David.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi David,
Off topic but how did you get you thing to say ACC instead of contributor?

Tom
Copper Contributor

TDavis wrote:
Hi David,
Off topic but how did you get you thing to say ACC instead of contributor?

Hi TDavis,

If you are an ACT! CC, please send a private message to our admin neil_beam. Thanks! Smiley Happy

I don't believe the calendar items are filtered out - I am showing all 3 types of calendar items
though I am not an ACT expert ....and there may be other filters I am not aware of 
-------
The automated daily backup procedure had failed without giving a failure message - so
there is no recent (within a week or so) backup - or I would have gladly restored from the prior evening's data
------
In Act 6 - are the calendar items stored as a part of the database file - or is this stored on the application component ?
------
Is the  Act 6 database in some standard database like SQL   (from my reading it looks like the newer versions of ACT may
use SQL - but not the older versions like Act 6
-------
I have no problem extracting raw tables from a database such as SQL and recreating the calendar events but I do not know
what database format Act 6 uses

Thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

jomacs wrote:
I don't believe the calendar items are filtered out - I am showing all 3 types of calendar items
though I am not an ACT expert ....and there may be other filters I am not aware of 
-------
The automated daily backup procedure had failed without giving a failure message - so
there is no recent (within a week or so) backup - or I would have gladly restored from the prior evening's data
------
In Act 6 - are the calendar items stored as a part of the database file - or is this stored on the application component ?
------
Is the  Act 6 database in some standard database like SQL   (from my reading it looks like the newer versions of ACT may
use SQL - but not the older versions like Act 6
-------
I have no problem extracting raw tables from a database such as SQL and recreating the calendar events but I do not know
what database format Act 6 uses

Thanks

Maybe get the old backup, getting it repaird and then merging in the new info (without activities) from the new repaired version?

In ACT! 6.0, activities were in the ADB file with the regarding being in the BLB

ACT! 6.0 used CodeBase IV - basically FoxPro with some extensions. Most of the files except BLB, index and a couple of other files can be opened as FoxPro or dBase... but don't write to them and expect ACT! to work unless you know what you're doing

If you open the ADB as dBase/FoxPro, you might be able to get most of the activity info