Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking Act! 6 on a PC to a Palm 680 via 3rd party software such as Act Link 2 or Companion Link

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Linking Act! 6 on a PC to a Palm 680 via 3rd party software such as Act Link 2 or Companion Link

I've done this for years with all the variants of Act versions and Palm Pilots to Handspring and back to Palm Treos

Problem is I had to restore my PC and now can I get this to work.... NO WAY !!!!!!

Has anyone come across an absolute failure of the 3rd party link software to even recognise that ACT is sat next to it.

Talk about not talking... it's downright rude.

Seriously though it has spannered the way I work quite seriously as ACT is my major and only database for mailmerge, excelmerge, photomerge etc and I need the basic data with me at all times on my Treo 680.

Anyone out there?

Regards

Graham

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author SBS-UK
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Linking Act! 6 on a PC to a Palm 680 via 3rd party software such as Act Link 2 or Companion Link

My guess is that you are using Norton antivirus or system works. If so the fix is to uninstall both ACT! 6 and Norton, restart the computer and then reinstall ACT! first and open ACT! 6 at least once and then reinstall Norton. Norton now blocks registry keys critical to the full installation of ACT! 6. If ACT! 6 is install first, everything should work.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author SBS-UK
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Linking Act! 6 on a PC to a Palm 680 via 3rd party software such as Act Link 2 or Companion Link

My guess is that you are using Norton antivirus or system works. If so the fix is to uninstall both ACT! 6 and Norton, restart the computer and then reinstall ACT! first and open ACT! 6 at least once and then reinstall Norton. Norton now blocks registry keys critical to the full installation of ACT! 6. If ACT! 6 is install first, everything should work.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

If you already have CompanionLink, you might also contact their tech support.

BTW: If you do a lot of email merges from ACT! 6.0, you might have a look at MergeMaster!, which will do it faster and more powerfully than the ACT! 6.0 merge. Worth downloading and trying the trial.