Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Labels come out black

Labels come out black

I have Act 6.0 and a Lexmark X75 printer.  When I try to print lables, all that comes out is black rectangles.  I can print other things from the program eg contact list.  I've had Act and the same printer for  years.   I uninstalled the program for a number of years.  Now that I've reinstalled it, I can't get the labels to print.    I had the same problem when I first got ACT.  I phoned and their tech. people talked me through it.  When I phoned today, they said they don't support that version so I'm hoping someone can help me.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Labels come out black

It's a problem with the Lexmark printers that they won't fix. Check the knowledgebase for a document on a workaround. Another option is to upgrade to the latest version of the ACT! program, because the labels are printed different in the later version that problem was resolved.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you for your help.  After much searching I found info. that was sent to me when I first got ACT.  At that time, the techs talked me through it.  Now that I just have written instructions, I'm not sure exactly what to do.  Is there any way I could email you a copy of the instructions as I have questions about what they mean.  My computer knowledge is very limited.  Is it even allowed to email you?  In any case, thank you for the help you have already given me.

Jessie

Copper Elite Contributor

Jessie,

Click on the link below, follow it step by step and should fix the issue you are having

Data Fields Blacked Out When Printing Reports, Envelopes, or Labels

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Thank you for your reply.  In point 2 it ways to browse the folder that contains my report and click the report that I wish to edit.  All I will ever want to print is a list of my contacts, on labels.   So I selected  "contact6.rep. "  Is this the correct selection.  Is it the only selection I have to change?  It didn't work so I am wondering if I selected the correct report.

Thank you

J

Platinum Elite Contributor

I wrote the document you are using when I was in tech support and it was only written for reports, not envelopes or labels even though they are all related. If I remember correct, in ACT! 6 if you go to File | Print and then select the label causing the problem and then check for an option to edit template. Use that option to open the template for editing and follow the rest of the document.

The bad news is that it will fix only the one template. To fix any other report, label or envelope template you will need to go through the same process.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129