Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Issue with converting ACT!6 to Act2012 with opportunities converting error: Value does not fall within the expected range

Issue with converting ACT!6 to Act2012 with opportunities converting error: Value does not fall within the expected range

Dear all,

Trying to converse from Act6 to 2012, everything is fine unless the last conversion concerning opportunities:

Converting Opportunity drop-down list values...        35 of 35 converted.

Converting Opportunities... Value does not fall within the expected range.

I tried to reindfex with Actdiag, I put all the the value of opportunity to zero as I do not use at all sales/opportunity but nothing works, always the same error:

" Value does not fall within the expected range." when converting opportunities.

Any idea to fix this problem? I do not care if opportunities figures are changed, I do not use them.

Thank you very much

Manu

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Issue with converting ACT!6 to Act2012 with opportunities converting error: Value does not fall within the expected range

The error you're getting indicates some damage in the database files. Because you can open the database you likely can clean the database up without having to send it in for repair. If it's a single user database the easiest is to create an empty copy of the database (File | Save Copy As | and choose Empty Copy) then import the old database into the new database. Then convert the new database. 

If it's a multiuser database the process is similar but there are a couple of extra steps. There is a knowledgebase document that details the process.

Good luck.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Issue with converting ACT!6 to Act2012 with opportunities converting error: Value does not fall within the expected range

Thank you Roy,

Helas it does not work  and gives the same result.!

I am a mono-ser and have windows 7 64 for Act2012.

I have heard that there is a bug in Act!6 for the opportunities and conversion: In Act!6, the multiplication of quantity and unit  are not always refeshed and this cause error during conversion as the figures do not match.

What do you think about it and what solution may I have ? Sometimes I wonder if I might not continue with my old Act!6 that works OK !

Thank you for your advices

Kind Regards

Manu

Platinum Elite Contributor

There is not questions that the opportunities section of the database is change significantly from ACT! 6 to the present but the main problem is finding the information after the conversion. In fact I just did a conversion from ACT! 6 where they had used the opportunities extensively and the database converted with out any problems.

Any damaged or corrupted ACT! 6 database shouldn't be ignored. Even if it isn't causing you problems now, it could get worse and increase the risk of loosing data. The best bet would be to contact our database repair (the link is on our web site) and get a free evaluation of the need repair.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ok Roy Thank you again for your tips.
I will check. What puzzle me is that even with one of my (very) small database of 102 contacts, it makes the same issue when converting.!