Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there any way to add a second Notes/History tab?

Is there any way to add a second Notes/History tab?

I have an insurance agency that sells auto & home insurance as well as life insurance, annuities and other financial services.  I would like to have one Notes/History tab for auto/home notes and another Notes/History tab for the life insurance notes for each contact.  I am using ACT! 5.0 (ACT! 2000).  Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is there any way to add a second Notes/History tab?

The ability to be able to create additional tables is a function in ACT! 2008 (10.02) and later.
Bronze Contributor

Further to what Michael said in later versions I have a number of clients using Opportunities to manages this type of data and you can then enter the policy and have individual notes per policy. Maybe time to upgrade

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

I don't understand the individual user fee.  It seems like I have to buy the software and then pay an additional fee for each person in the office that uses it.  Currently, there is me and one other staff person, but staff people seem to change every couple of years.  When I bought ACT! 2000, it was a one-time purchase price.  Do you know which version of ACT! started that indidual user fee.  I found ACT! 2009 for sale, and that would work for me. 

I have started using the Sales/Opportunities tab, but that is somewhat restrictive in what can be entered.  I would like to enter text similar to this message and just keep two separate Notes/Histories.

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! never was sold with one price no matter how many people used it. Symantec didn't use serial numbering and didn't directly enforce having a license for each user. However when I was it tech support I would refuse to provide support if I knew they were violating the lecensing agreement. ACT! presently requires one license for each active named user. Thus if you have three named users sharing a database you would need three licenses. To accompdate turnover, when a user leave their user accout can be made inactive and that would allow the addition of another named active user. In your case you would need two licenses. To have been legal with ACT! 2000 you would have needed two licenses.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129