Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT! 6 without a License Key

Installing ACT! 6 without a License Key

I would appreciate if someone can help me with this problem. I have a customer which purchased 8 licenses of ACT! 6.03 many years ago and only one of it´s employees still use it. Yesterday his hard drive crashed and we´ve tried to install the program again but after we enter the Serial Number in our records, the license key is not generated using the WEB button on the following screen.

I get a web browser screen informing that the key can´t be generated.

Fax and Phone won´t help here either.

We have recorded older license keys with their respective serial numbers, but it seems the license key generation mechanism uses some algorithm that does not repeat license keys. We´re stuck, unable to install ACT! 6.

Does anyone knows of a way installing ACT! 6 withouth the License Key?

Regards.

Jose.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installing ACT! 6 without a License Key

Thanks for your reply.

When I start installing the software, it asks me for a serial number, as well as company name and user name.

The next screen shows the serial number and right below it I must choose to generate a license key using the Web, fax or telephone. Then there´s a field below where I have to enter the provided license key. This key is generated upon each installation.

This copy is for Brazil, so I don´t know if additional security was included in the software package, but I´m unable to install as it seems the "clearing house" site that generates the keys is not working with version 6 any longer.

I´m stuck, I have the product but can´t install........

Regards,

Jose.

There would be no key gens for ACT! 6.0 anymore... but I'm not aware of any such screen for ACT! 6.0 for any version.

To complement the information I sent before, right after user name and company, I enter the provided serial number (any one of our 8 serial numbers). The next screen is a License Key Generator, when I click WEB to obtain my key over the Internet, I´m directed to the following URL:

https://license.ntitles.net/register.asp?pc=993625201B035DB4F84C&rsn=QDAKM5N2JQ2L8FNRE9NK

There the error message below is presented:

Registration

One or both of the entries are invalid. Please make sure you have typed them correctly. Contact your distributor if the problem persists.

I need to find a way of passing this stage of the installation........

Regards,

Jose.

I have never heard of any server from ntitles that would generate keys... makes me wonder if it's not a legal system.

I don't know if it would help, but I still have a 6-pack key or two left here that I could sell.

Thanks for the replies. It seems, as I said, this is a version that was created for Brazil and this server was part of some kind of arrangemente between ACT! and the reseller. Anyway, I´m stuck, unable to install the product with any serial number I could find (I already searched the web for a few serials and it did not work).

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Jose.

Hey Mike, the installation program itself brings that website when I choose to generate the key over the WEB. The other 2 options are FAX or phone.

I'm sure this version is specific to Brazil and it had it's security augmented to avoid extreme piracy present here.

Regards,

Jose.

In that case, you might try contacting a Brazil ACT! Consultant to see if they know a way to help you.

The ACT! 6.0 registration servers were hosted by Symantec and it's been a while since they were decommissioned

If they can't help you, you might need to purchase the product again (as I said, I could help with this) or purchase an upgrade to ACT! 2011