Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT 6.0 on XP Box - Internet Connectivity Trouble

Installing ACT 6.0 on XP Box - Internet Connectivity Trouble

Registration & Update Feature Cannot Detect Broadband Internet Connection.  Internet Services can get on Internet.  I have tried all 5 ACT Knowledgebases fixes and none work.  So I cannot update from what Windows and ACT recognizes as a "trial version" of ACT. Can anyone help?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installing ACT 6.0 on XP Box - Internet Connectivity Trouble

Have you tried the items in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6enjuy

Failing that, try and turn off the Windows firewall (or any other software firewall you've loaded) to see if that's the problem

Thanks for responding.  The 5 fixes in this Knowledge Base article are the ones that I have tried and none of them worked and my Norton Firewall is set to "allow" Act.exe and ActUpdt.exe so that should not be a problem.  The wierd thing as I mentioned is that I can click on the Act Internet Services button and get on the Internet with no problem.  In fact, I am on it right now typing this to you.  If you have any other suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.  It is probably some Windows thing...Thanks again

You might try stopping the firewalls (both Norton and windows) and trying again. Failing that, register by phone.

BTW: Norton products will cause ACT! 6.0 to fail. ACT! 6 was a Symantect product and used the Symantec points of the registry. As it's no-longer a symantec product, their AV and Firewalls block ACT! 6.0 from using it.

It's possible this could be the cause.

Known issues include preventing ACT! 6.0 from properly connecting to Outlook and Word

Thanks again.  I do know about and have implemented the hotfixes to work with both Word and Outlook on previous computer, but since I cannot even activate the software, I cannot not even run the fixes as my computer finds my version of Act to be a trial version-again because I cannot activate.  I will try Windows Firewall and let you know how it goes.

The number to register 888. 269.4420 just gives an automated attendant.  Is ther another number to call.

Have you found a solution to this problem?  I have a reinstall of a PC and am running inot the same problems.

If you're using ACT! 6.0, select the print option instead.

I am having the same problem.

By prinitng the registrations, my software still shows up as a "trail" version and I am not able to install the update to act 6.02, which means I am not able to integrate with outlook.

And I too am unable to register over the internet - although I have full connectivity.

What can I do??????.  This is serious.

Victor