Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT 2000 on a 64 bit system.

Installing ACT 2000 on a 64 bit system.

I have installed my old version of ACT 2000 on my 64 bit system and it works fine using the install on the CD ( not the auto install) but my Word Processor does not work? What can I do? Wverything else is OK.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Installing ACT 2000 on a 64 bit system.

Hi there,

What version of Office are you using?  2007?  2010?  new versions of Office wont be compatiable with your old version of ACT.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

I'm using ver. 2010, but also Word 2000 is installed.

Copper Elite Contributor

What 64 Bit windows OS are you using?  Windows 7?

Cherie Buttsworth
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

Yes Windows 7

The error message is the word processor driver is not running.

The error message is the word processor driver is not running. I.m using Windows 7

Copper Elite Contributor

I think you will find that Word 2000 is also not compatible with Windows 7, its certainly not listed on the compatibility center.  To be honest, I'm also surprised you actually got ACT 2000 to install without any errors. Smiley Happy

Generally, upgrading to a new windows operating system also means a lot of the older software you had installed will also require upgrading as it wont be compatible or refuses to install properly.  Forced upgrades, its the cycle of life I'm afraid.

You said you had Office 2010 installed?  Was this one you purchased?  Or just a trial version bundled with your new computer?  If you haven't actually paid for Office 2010 then I suggest you uninstall it completely.  Uninstall word 2000, and then reinstall it to see if that helps.  I have seen a number of windows 7 forums claim to get Office 2000 working, tho not supported officially.  But you need to remove all other versions of office, trial or otherwise.

If you have purchased Office 2010, then may I suggest that you look at purchasing an upgrade to ACT 2013, which has full integration with that version of Office, as well as loads of other nifty features, compared to the version you're running.

Cherie Buttsworth
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

Windows 7 is running Word 2000 fine. I installed the old ver. of ACT 2000 using the install file on the disc, ( not the auto run ) and it runs fine also. The only problem is the word processor. The error message is the driver is not running. Is there a driver I can download for the word processor?

Platinum Elite Contributor

No. You need to upgrade to the latest version of the ACT! program. ACT! 2000 was designed to run on Windows 98 and 2000. A later service pack allowed it to work on Windows XP. When attempting to run it on any later version of Windows you will likely have problems and basically you are on your on to resolve them.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129