Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installation Errors

Installation Errors

I had my hard drive reformatted due to a nasty virus and when I tried to reinstall it, it gave me a 1722 error message. I was then directed to a "fix" on this board which was titled "How to use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file". I then retried it and got the same 1722 error message with an extra helping of "Error 1603" message on top of that "There is a problem with Windows Installer Package". So I then got redirected to this link:

http://www.act.com/support/technicalsupport/pf2005/2005pre/index.cfm and selected "Error Messages" and I selected the "Error 1603" link and I get a           " Internet Explorere cannot display the webpage" message. It happened yesterday and then again today. My IT guy was on the phone with me and he experienced the same thing so it wasn't my computer. Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot???

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installation Errors

What version of ACT! are you using? That doesn't sound like ACT! 6. For one thing the uninstaller was not made for ACT! 6, it applies to ACT! 2005 and later.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installation Errors

Roy, I think the Uninstaller.exe now gives the option to remove ACT! 6.0... at least there is a check box not to. See pic:

Not really sure what that option does or if it can be used with only ACT! 6 and no later version installed. 

It would also require .Net 2.0 to be installed first