Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Contacts and Contact info

Importing Contacts and Contact info

Hi Can anyone help with this one please.  I have imported the contacts from my PC to my colleagues PC but I have over 10,000 contacts and only 9,000 of them have imported. Anyone know why this would be? 

I also want to transfer the details from the contact info tab onto her PC.  Once again, can anyone help.  I am a complete novice to this, as you can tell! 

Thank you Smiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Contacts and Contact info

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

What format did you import from?

What steps did you use to do the import?

Are you wanting to share the data?

Hi Mike

Thanks for responding.  I am using Act 6.0.0.679.  With regards to the format, I just used the import wizard and followed the steps on that.  I want all three computers in the office to carry the same information.  Two of them currently do but the new one doesn't.  Unfortunatley my ex boss knew everything about Act and we all know nothing!  Should I be looking at the synchronization instructions?  It is all double dutch to me but if you can set me off in the right track I would be very grateful.

Thanks. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

First - you should upgrade all users to 6.03

Second - why are you doing and import? Why not put the database on a server and have the users all look at it as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/3swvoq