07-21-2012 08:04 AM - edited 07-21-2012 08:18 AM
General question. Why do I have to expoert comma deliminated version of ACT 6.0 to get a newer version of ACT to see the database?
Maybe Im doing somehting wrong or maybe that crash on the motorcycle really did effect my head
So is this the workflow for creating a new version of a database?
-create new databse in newer version of ACT. One contact.
-add fields as neessessary.
- (tied to laod a map or something)
- couldnt figure out how to load a new .CLY file so I have to design a new layout
- save my work and copy folder because next line will not import properly and I want a chance to do it again w/o having to add new fileds and redesign the layout over and over
- import comma deliminated file into fresh database
- do it again and again until satisfied making changes to the database by adding fields and modyfiing the layout as nesseasary.
07-21-2012 08:37 AM
07-21-2012 08:45 AM - edited 07-21-2012 08:47 AM
you have answered more of my questions over the years. Wnen you coming for a visit to Chicago. I gota take you out to dinner.
07-22-2012 03:32 PM - edited 07-22-2012 05:49 PM
so there seams nothing wrong with my database. Why should I do this task first? "Repair and Clean the ACT! 6.0 Database" ???? After reading more carefully it seams there could be something wrong with you database but you just don't know it. I did run the diagnostics on the database and repaired the several red marks.... will try to convert that database now.
And Mike Im following you now on Twitter. good stuff.
I got one database to covnert but I forgot to convert the .cly file
The other database conversion process halted and thru an error message 'external component thron an exception'
Same message after using the act diagnostics tool. didnt make it bpast the updating datbase portion
07-23-2012 11:53 AM