Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

INSTALLING ACT2000 - WILL THIS WORK?

INSTALLING ACT2000 - WILL THIS WORK?

Hi,

ACT2000 worked well on my Windows XP until I installed a new harddrive. 

On my new harddrive, the application opens and so does the ACT 2000 demo (that came with the software).

However my own file will not open.

I have both my old and new harddrive in my computer, so I switched back to my original harddrive and, there too, the software and demo will open but no longer will my own file.

TWO QUESTIONS:

(1) What am I missing? 

(2) Perhaps it is time to switch to ACT2010 or another database.  But since I cannot open my own file, I don't know how I could import my data into a new application or CSV file.

Thoughts? 

And thank you in advance.

David

Bronze Contributor

Re: INSTALLING ACT2000 - WILL THIS WORK?

If you have installed a new vido card this may be the problem and you should look at how you can turn down the hardware accelleration as this might solve the problem as it sounds like a lyout problem

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thank you.

Hi Paul,

When the 'technician' was done getting malware out of my computer, ACT2000 was no where to be found.... I do have my data on a thumbdrive.

At this point (13 years later)  I doubt I can find the key code (although it might be in the notes section of my ACT contact file in the database)....

Could you provide me with a link to a site where I can reinstall Act2000 (I had been running it t on an XP machine).

Thanks,

Ugh... not what I wanted to be doing today!! 

David