Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I cannot get into Act 5.0 (Act 2000)

I cannot get into Act 5.0 (Act 2000)

I have been using this program for at least the last 6 years.  When I double click on the Act icon I get a program error that reads
"act.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows.  You will need to restart the program."  I have rebooted my
computer only to get the same error message.  I use Act for business and do not have access to my database from my computer, but I am able to access it from a second computer in my network.  As a result, I do not think that my database has been damaged.  Has anyone else experienced the same thing, and if so what can I do?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: I cannot get into Act 5.0 (Act 2000)

You might have something damaged in ACT! and might need to reinstall.

You could try a database repair first, just to be sure (the problem could be with your My Record). See this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5ylzvk

Cannot get into ACT 5.0 (Act 2000)

[ Edited ]
I have a pretty extensive number of contact records and I have been using Act since 2001 with no problems until now.  I am getting the Program Error message "act.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows.  You will need to restart the program."  I restart my computer and I am still getting the same message.  I can access my database from another computer in my network, so apparently my database is intact.  What do I do?  My computer is using a Windows 2000 operating system.  Has anyone else experienced this? HELP!!

{post moved from another thread to consolidate info}

Message Edited by tashina on 04-09-2008 01:13 PM