Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I am trying to merge a letter in ACT and find that my margins always do their own thing. I cannot get the margins to adjust to what I input.

I am trying to merge a letter in ACT and find that my margins always do their own thing. I cannot get the margins to adjust to what I input.

[ Edited ]

I am trying to merge a letter in ACT and find that my margins always do their own thing.  I cannot get the margins to adjust to what I input.

Copied subject to body for easier readability

Message Edited by ghollister on 08-13-2009 11:38 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: I am trying to merge a letter in ACT and find that my margins always do their own thing. I cannot get the margins to adjust to what I input.

Ok so we are in the older versions of ACT

a) Which version are you using?

b) Are you using the ACT Word Processor or Microsoft Word?

Have you tried changing to a different default printer?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: I am trying to merge a letter in ACT and find that my margins always do their own thing. I cannot get the margins to adjust to what I input.

Thank you for your response.  I am using Version 6.0.  I am using Word processor (do I have a choice?).  Yes, I have changed the default printer--doesn't seem to matter.  However, I did find that if I click on Page Setup once my merge is complete, the margins do change--not sure that is a resolution.  Very interesting. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

What email client are you trying to print from?

If using Outlook, see:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=outlook+print+cutting+off+right&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz...

Quite a few different possibilities... it's to do with the margin settings between IE and Outlook

You might find better controls by using normal HTML and sending the merge via MergeMaster!