Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to reset a Password

How to reset a Password

Hello:

Our firm has an out-of-date ACT [it is 6 for 2004], which suits our needs. We wish to reset the Password; however, the user's guide says "from File menu, point to Administration, click Define Users." I opened the File Menu many times, but there is no Administration entry-only New, Open, Restore, Delete Database, Database Maintenance and Exit.

Does anuyone have any thoughts or know of another way to Reset?  There was nothing else stated in the Guide.

Thank you,

C. Poth

E-mail: cpoth@jwygal.com

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: How to reset a Password

[ Edited ]

It sounds like you're not logged in as an admin.  I'd reccomend contacting your local ACC they will certainly have a piece of software to reset ACT! passwords and be able to provide you with an admin logon.

Tom

Message Edited by dlunceford on 06-11-2009 09:00 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

There are two conditions to be able to do administrative operations, otherwise the option will be grayed out. The conditions are being logged into ACT! 6 as an administrator and have everyone else logged out.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

capoth,

If you don't already have this solved password recovery can be done very quickly and even without extra software if you know where to look and how to convert the data.  All that is needed is the username of an admin user.  Once that user gets in they can reset the other passwords.  I have reset many passwords this way.

Re: How to reset a Password when admin does not remember it

Since the password is remembered, I don't remember the last pw I used as admin.  Any ideas?

Act 6 (yes, still meeting my needsSmiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to reset a Password when admin does not remember it

I have a utility to reveal the password. Contact me offline if interested.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129