Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to max the swap file settings?

How to max the swap file settings?

Howdy, I'm using act 6.0 on 2 separate computers. I purchased a netbook with 2 gb ram recently. I plan to use each computer at a different time backing up to an SD card or usb drive.  6.0 has been running good for me for a few years.( I started with 2.0 ) I was already to upgrade until I started reading....

So, I'm staying with 6.0. Got  a couple questions- 

I can't find my 6.0 cd. Can I get another? Can I download version 6.0 online? Or buy one from Ebay for $40?

I read where you can get act to run a little faster by maxing the swap file settings? How?

Thanks for any input.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to max the swap file settings?

No, you can't get replacement CDs for ACT! 6.0

Swap file settings depend on many things... most importantly the operating system

What exactly do you mean I can't get replacement disks for 6.0? Do you mean from Sage?

I have exactly the same problem. ACT! version 6 works for me. I bought ACT! 2006 but couldn't migrate to the new SQL format from DBF due to my many custom fields and personalized layout. I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp. I have working versions on my laptop and old Tower. When I ghosted the Old Tower's C drice to a modern Dual core 4 Gig 10,000 rpm SATA Raptor machine, my ACT! program stayed locked in the past and won't accept restores from backupss or display 2010 calendars. I need a replacement disk. Mine is lost or if I could finf it I'm sure it's damaged. I don't mind paying Sage or any authorized vendor for a disk or dowmload liscense all over again -- I just MUST have that disk. Have you found a vendor or solution. So far Sage has not gotten back to me. Seems they are only interested in selling add-ons. I would pay to have them migrate to the newer version but no-one there seems to be really listening. Calling all Pirates? Help!

I have 6.0 running XP on a 10 yr old dell desk top. no issues. I even did an upgrade and it still works fine.

If you check Ebay, you will find 6.0. for $40. Let me know how you make out. I'll be going that route in a week or two.

I need to buy a usb- dvd writer first. Another $40-50.00.