Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Convert Data from ACT version 5.0 for newest version 16?

Highlighted

How to Convert Data from ACT version 5.0 for newest version 16?

I was using ACT version 5.0 years ago and my computer crashed. So did the economy, and I was forced to look for another employer. This employer didn't use ACT. Now that I am again self-employed, I want and need to take the DATA from ACT version 5.0 and import it into ACT version 16; however, when I try to do so, I get all kinds of errors and cannot figure out how to convert the data for use.

My existing computer is a PC with Windows 7.  I'd appreciate anyone who can advise me how to make the conversion?

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: How to Convert Data from ACT version 5.0 for newest version 16?

Hi BenjaminLucas,

If we say the first generation of act! was v2.0 to v6.0/2004 (FoxPro Database), the second generation of act! v7.0/2005 to v17/2015 (SQL Server Database), and the next generation of act! v18/2016 to now (Cloud Database) then the first successful migration (without errors) from the first generation to the second that I experienced was from v6.0 to v13.0 (2011). Therefore, I think the earliest version you need to have in the source database would be v6.0 and the earliest version in the target database would be v13.0 (2011). In never had any migration of my database go well from v6.0 to anything prior to v13 (2011).

I would be keen to hear about anyone else's act! version or database migration experiences?

I hope this helps you Benjamin Lucas.

Kind Regards
Duane

Duane Morrison Smith
ACT Mobile Messenger

+61 (0417) 498 635
Duane Morrison Smith
ACT Mobile Messenger

+61 (0417) 498 635
duane@actmobilemessenger.com
www.actmobilemessenger.com