Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I limit a user account login to only have access to a Group of records that I've tagged?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How do I limit a user account login to only have access to a Group of records that I've tagged?

I'm using Act! 6, an older version, and need to have a new user login but only see those records that I've tagged for him.

I thought that if I tagged the records and created a Group out of those records, there might be a way to limit the user's log-in to only view a particular Group.  In this case, the Group I segregated.

Is this the best way to accomplish what I need?

Is there a better way?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author hybridarts
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I limit a user account login to only have access to a Group of records that I've tagged?

What you want can't be done with ACT! 6. It can be done with the current premium version.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author hybridarts
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I limit a user account login to only have access to a Group of records that I've tagged?

What you want can't be done with ACT! 6. It can be done with the current premium version.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you for your insight.

It's unfortunate this copy of ACT only has 2 types of users and no way to limit where and what they can do in the database.