Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I find the log / history of changes that were made to the data base and who and when they made changes

How do I find the log / history of changes that were made to the data base and who and when they made changes

I was hoping to see if anyone out there know the following.  I have ACT! version 5.0 and have a total of 3 users of the DB.  I was hoping to see if there is a way to find out who and when changed the information particularly in the Record Manager field.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I find the log / history of changes that were made to the data base and who and when they made changes

That information isn't tracked and the record manager field can't be made a history field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: How do I find the log / history of changes that were made to the data base and who and when they made changes

Thank you!  For these "record Manager" fileds to be changed to be made the computer wouldn't automatically do that, they would have to be manually changed correct?

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

It depends. Spontaneously, no but as the result of some other action, yes. For example if you edit the name on the My record, all the records where that user was the record manager will change to reflect the name change.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129