Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I disable the sound from the alarm?

How do I disable the sound from the alarm?

Hello,

I have been using ACT! for years now and I love it.  I like using the alarm features to remind me of all of the calls I need to make. However, I find the sound of the alarm that goes off every 20 or 30 seconds quite annoying. As a fix, I just keep my laptop on mute so that I don't have to hear the alarm.  However, it would be nice if I could keep ACT! open and be able to keep my sound on and not have to hear that annoying chime.  Does anyone have a solution? 

I am using ACT! 5.0.  Yes it is old, but I really don't have a need for any of the new stuff. I have seen demo's of the new functionality and it doesn't really appeal to me.

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone has a solution.

Bryan

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I disable the sound from the alarm?

Hello Bryan,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. In order to turn off the alarm sound for ACT! 6.0, you would need to disable to Windows system sound that the alarm uses. Keep in mind this will also disable the sound for any other application/function on your machine that also uses that sound. Please see KB Article 10816 for more information. Later versions of ACT! give you an option to turn off the alarm sound within the program

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig - 

Is there is way to change the sound the alarm uses in this version? 

Thanx.

[ Edited ]

I don't think there is a way to change the alarm sound in version 5 or 6. I could not find a way to do that in the program.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

There was no option for this. I used to change the Windows system Exclamation sound to something less jarring