Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I learn how to use Act 6.0?

How can I learn how to use Act 6.0?

My company has had Act 6.0 since long before my time here (1.5 years) but no one has really used it to its full capacity.  Now our sales department is ready to begin using it more and it is up to me to learn how.  I have looked at the manual, but there is so much I still don't understand. 

Up until now, we've only used Act for generating letters to send to Sales Leads.  There are some 7000 contacts, but I noticed today that one company has probably 15 entries, all different contacts.  Can I "clean" this up using the Groups function?  What I don't understand about groups is how to enter them - are the contacts in both the master database AND in the group one or only in the group one?  As in - do I enter them in the main database and then select them into a group?

We would also like to begin entering all of our existing customers into the data base.  Ideally, we would be able to look up customers based on various parameters...by state, by date of most recent interaction with the customer, etc.   I don't know how to set this up, however.  Again I am wondering if using the Groups function is where I should be focusing.  Should I set up a Group for leads and a Group for Customers?  Or can you have multiple databases?

I have tried searching the community forum for answers but am not having luck.  Is there anywhere I can get more in depth information on how to learn this program? 

Missy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How can I learn how to use Act 6.0?

You might find it useful to get an ACT! Consultant to help you get setup in the best way for you and give some basic training.

For a list of ACCs, see: http://www.act.com/acc Worth while looking at this when picking a consultant:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/02/how-to-pick-right-crm-implementation.html

• The lookups are done from the Lookup menu :-)
  • Groups are just a set of the contacts in the database and Contacts can belong to multiple Groups. They can be used in a variety of ways. There is no one correct answer for this. It depends on your needs
  • It's usually not a good idea to use multiple databases. Best to keep just one

Are your letters print or email?

What else are you looking to do with the contacts?